A Guide to Source and Buy Natural Herbs Online
An increasing number of individuals are turning to holistic health practices and natural therapies in today's fast-paced society. Natural herbs have become quite popular because...
Learn The Benefits before you buy Natural Herbs
Natural herbs have been utilized for ages for their therapeutic benefits, delectable culinary uses, and symbolic meaning. As people look for alternatives to man-made items...
Buy Organic Dried Fruits for a Healthier Lifestyle: The Sweet Path to Wellness
Dietary decisions are crucial if we want to live a healthier and more balanced lifestyle. While the nutritional benefits of fresh fruits are widely known,...
Exploring the Organic Wholefoods NZ Market: Trends and Insights
The organic wholefoods NZ industry in New Zealand is growing significantly as customers become more ecologically and health-conscious. This is a sign of a larger...
If you love the taste of Middle Eastern cuisine, then you'll definitely want to try making falafel at home! This popular street food is made from ground chickpeas and a blend of spices, including cumin, coriander, and garlic, then fried to crispy perfection. The result is a satisfying, vegetarian-friendly snack or meal that's packed with protein and flavour. Our homemade falafel recipe is easy to make and uses simple, whole food ingredients. Serve it with fresh pita bread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce for a complete, delicious meal that will transport you straight to the streets of the Middle East.
- 1 1/2 cups dried chickpeas
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-6 tablespoons flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, parsley, coriander, garlic, cumin, salt, and baking powder to a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until they are coarsely ground and well combined, but not pureed. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times.
- Add 4 tablespoons of flour to the mixture and pulse again until it forms a crumbly dough that sticks together when pressed. If the dough is too wet, add more flour a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to a few hours.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Form the falafel mixture into small balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- When the oil is hot, add a few falafel balls to the skillet at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry the falafel for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the falafel from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the falafel hot with pita bread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce.
Making falafel at home is a fantastic way to enjoy the rich flavours and wholesome ingredients of Middle Eastern cuisine. With our easy recipe, you can create crispy, flavourful falafel in your own kitchen, using just a few simple ingredients. Whether you're a vegetarian, a foodie, or just looking for a new way to enjoy healthy, flavourful meals, our homemade falafel is the perfect choice. So next time you're in the mood for something delicious and unique, try making this classic Middle Eastern dish and enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean from the comfort of your own home.
Delicious Cacao Nib Bark Recipe
Indulge your sweet tooth with our delicious and easy-to-make cacao nib bark recipe! This bark is the perfect combination of rich, dark chocolate and crunchy,...
Fig and Pecan Stuffed Chicken Recipe
This Fig and Pecan Stuffed Chicken is an impressive dish that is sure to delight your taste buds. It's a combination of flavours and textures...
Tasty Almond Butter Noodles Recipe
If you're a fan of noodles, you know that they're a versatile and delicious option that can be customised in endless ways. From simple spaghetti...
Pumpkin Seed Veggie Burgers Recipe
Tired of the same old burger options and looking for a healthier and more nutritious alternative? Look no further than this smoky and nutty Pumpkin...